Wednesday, August 6, 2014

The Closet Confidential // Rebecca

I've known Rebecca ever since 3rd grade when our last names happened to line up right next to each other in class, but I feel as if one day, her style just got up and took on a life of its own. There is always that one girl you know who just can't look ugly.  That's Rebecca.  Last time I was at her house, we actually didn't spend all of our time watching Netflix, and I had the chance to ask her about  the clothes she puts on her body and such.  Here's what she had to say...

"I'm all about the colors! Ever since I could piece together an outfit (5 maybe?), I was a fashionista.  I remember my mom debating with me, "Either wear this, or you are going to school naked." Clothes and all the things that come attached with it give me confidence to express myself.  Throughout the years I have tried out many different styles from edgy to boho to preppy to sporty, and I think I've finally found it.  Through the inspiration of Youtube beauty/fashion vloggers, bloggers, and Pinterest, I can distinguish what my 'style' is.  And the truth is, it's not about preppy or edgy, style is based upon our personalities.  I guess I'd describe mine to be classy, conservative, colorful, and chic.  With that, you can put together a preppy outfit, maybe?  But also, style depends on what we're feeling.  I find that in the summer, I tend to lean more towards the bohemian side of fashion and 'preppy' in the fall.  Another thing, I don't wear a certain style/outfit for anyone, maybe for the sanity of my dad; I wear it for me.  That's crucial.  Wear something you feel good in, something you feel you look great in, and strut your stuff."

What influences your style?

"This goes along with how I got my style, and that’s what I’m feeling that day and what I feel comfortable in.  I don’t want to go out wearing something I don’t feel 100% confident in, and trust me, there have been times when I’ve had these moments (too much cleavage? are these shorts too short? *pulls shorts even further down*), and they don’t feel good! nor do they probably look good, haha!  My fashion inspirations would be thanks to YouTube fashion vloggers, bloggers, and Pinterest (of course!).  And let’s admit it, we’ve all worn something that shouldn’t probably be worn during that season.  For example, is it bad that I like to wear my denim shirt in the beginning of August.. in Texas?  Maybe not, but hey! It’s what I’m feeling right?  And let’s just keep this between us, but sometimes everything works out and I don’t even sweat with it on! Always a plus."

Who do you look up to?

"Carrie Underwood & Audrey Hepburn — two ladies of style, grace, and class.  One forever remembered in history and the other an inevitable and gorgeously talented country legend.  Both their personalities and what they stand for are two of the many reasons why I title them my celebrity role models.  Audrey stood by her duty as a woman.  She remained ladylike, lovely, positive, and humble.  She ‘believed happy girls are the prettiest,’ and they absolutely are.  She is one of my reminders on how to live my life as a lady from the inside out.  Carrie presents these qualities as well, along with her love for God.  Not only is she an amazing singer and a beautiful woman, but she is also a God’s girl! It’s awe-inspiring to see how throughout her fame and success, she still shows humility and her gratitude toward the Man who gave us life.  And don’t even get me started on that heck of a voice! Do I find myself dancing in front of the mirror struggling to reach those high notes? Oh yeah."




"At the end of the day, what you think is truly best for you and your life is all that matters." - Rebecca G.

4 comments:

  1. You're amazing.. Thank you so much! I know you're going to go so far in life. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shes gorgeous and adorable !I also am a huge fan of Audrey Hepburn. So lucky you've found your style! I haven't been able to find mine exactly. I feel like my style evolves with the fashion trends??? Or i just don't have one!

    Your lucky to be friends with such a kindred spirit!

    Lets keep in touch and follow each other on bloglovin! I always follow back!

    Love from Canada,
    Marie from www.ElleCharie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment! She is quite a gem isn't she? I totally relate to you about the whole style thing! Especially lately, I feel like I don't even know what my style is anymore, but I guess thats okay. I would love to do a post on the topic!

      Delete
  3. Love the dress! Such a cute post!

    I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! Check out my latest post to see the details :)

    http://babblingboutbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete